Wednesday, 11 August 2010

Isabella's Sketchbook Challenge

This week over at Isabella's Sketchbook we want to see you use your scraps ! Let's face it we've all got loads of those little pieces laying around that we don't want to throw away. So gather them together and see what you come up with ! None of the pieces can be larger than 3" x 3" except the card blank. When I saw this challenge my mind immediately went to patchwork ! The very background layer is made from 4 pieces of card stuck together and then the next layer is 9 squares that I've stuck down then sewn zig zag around the edges.


I've shaded the image, which is called Fresh Flowers, with ProMarkers and then cut it out using Labels 3 Nestabilities. The swirl is also cut from a scrap piece of Stampin' Up card using a Tim Holtz die.

I quite surprised myself with this card as I didn't use any Distress Inks !

I hope you get chance to join us this week.

Thanks for looking
Sue

7 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, love the patchwork effect going on here, it looks fab. I was thinking of you today as i attempted to distress something. I'm rather pleased with myself for facing the fear (actually two fears as it has a butterfly on it too) but as usual it is not a patch on yours!
    Great work!
    Linds xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card. You have fabtastic papers in your stash - lucky you. I love the patchwork effect you created.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the patchwork Sue, and the autumnal colours are just beautiful. Love it!
    Hugs
    Peri x

    ReplyDelete
  4. all of your colors blend so well and then your coloring TOO! love your sewing and I need that TH die (-: just gorgeous! as always...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, another fab creation and the swirl looks great! No distressing? Didn't need it ! Perfect as is! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, Sue! I love the color palette you have used - such a lovely array of colors, patterns and textures!

    I hope you'll be able to play over at the new Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge. Your vintage style is perfect for that blog and have you seen the seriously amazing prize this week? Hope to see you there.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trust you to work absolutely gorgeous layers!Beautiful colours and colouring - precious and wonderful card!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!