Wednesday, 18 August 2010

Isabella's Sketchbook Challenge

This week over on Isabella's Sketchbook challenge we want you to hide something on your creation. Whether that's in a pocket or behind a flap, you choose ! When I saw the challenge my mind when completely blank and I had to leave my craft room and think about something else until inspiration struck ! I've heat set the main image then used my Aquamarkers to shade it.



For the front panels and the inside panel I've used Broken China Distress Ink then stamped the Baroque Motifs swirl stamp using the same ink. I've then highlighted some of the swirls with a white Inkssentials pen. For the pocket I've used Labels 3 Nestabilities and cut the top part off. The bookmark is made from Grungepaper and I've inked it with Broken China DI then put it through my Cuttlebug using a Tim Holtz EF. The shells on the pocket are made using a freebie Craft Stamper stamp which I've stamped with black Archival ink onto some scrap pieces of card left over from the panels.



I hope you get chance to join us this week and look forward to seeing what you hide on your creations.

Thanks for looking
sue

8 comments:

  1. I love this card Sue - fab images and the stamping is as gorgeous as ever. Loving the great big bow too!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that lsuh ribbon, it is super Sue!

    Gorgeous card and a great hidden treat!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card with great techniques. I love the big blue bow and what fun to find the tag inside the card.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific job with the challenge this week, Sue! Love all the blues and the bookmark is fab. I really like how you used the baroque motifs to make your background. I get so caught up with designer paper that I always forget to use all the stamps that are piled high in my closet - LOL!

    Hope you are having a great week!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant take on the challenge Sue. The soft blues are gorgeous and I love the handstamped background.
    Hugs
    Peri x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card would suit anyone such a gentle image. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy shades of blue and those shells again - they are gorgeous
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Sue! LOve the little pocket and your handstamped backgrounds always look great! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!