Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Passion for ProMarkers Challenge

This week over at Passion for ProMarkers we have a fabulous sketch for you. The challenge is being sponsored by Joanna Sheen and the prizie is a £10 voucher.


This is the wonderful sketch that we're looking forward to seeing what you come up with !



For my card I used a gorgeous image from the Sketching Stamper. This little fella is exactly what I wanted for my other half's birthday next month. He's a keen amateur photographer and the kingfisher is his number one subject at the moment. I've cut the image out with a square Nestability and sponged some Broken China DI around the edge before removing the die. I've used the same ink on the background piece of card and then stamped with Paper Artsy stamps with the same ink.



The embossed panel is a Tim Holtz embossing folder and I've rubbed Broken China DI over the top of it. The circles are a PaperArtsy stamp which I've stamped onto Grunge Paper then rubbed Broken China DI over the top and cut out then added an eyelet in the centre.


The poppers are Tim Holtz Ideaology and the ribbon is from my stash. The mosaic paper is a scrap piece left over from a Cricut paper pad, how lucky was that, it was just big enough !

I'm also entering this card in the By the Cute and Girly challenge of Animal Antics.

I hope you get chance to join us this week and look forward to visiting you !

Thanks for looking
Sue

11 comments:

  1. wow i am not really a bird lover - their beaks frighten me - but this is coloured so beautifully.
    Thanks for joining us at BTC&G this month
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Sue, so beautifully coloured too.

    That is one involved sketch, blimey!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is simply gorgeous Sue! Your colouring on that bird is stunning and the little circle embellishments look perfect. The image is lovely(I don't mind birds at all even if they are flappy, at least they aren't indecisive like wretched moths!) I'm sure OH will really love this card
    Linds xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous card Sue. Your colouring of the image is just amazing and love all the details. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect the kingfisher is such a iconic bird and a challenge to see never mind photograph to good luck to your OH. You have captured the colours perfectly here just love it xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! The colouring is perfect! Thank you for joining us over at BTC&G and Good Luck! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. brill card - I must get that image for James' Dads next birthday as he's a kingfisher fan!
    Love
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, what an exquisite card...your coloring is beautiful!! could you please tell me in more detail how you made the background? That swirly piece looks so 3 dimensional... i would so love to do something like it.
    my email: elenac723@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love this image, and your colouring makes is so beautiful.
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Sue, that image is gorgeous and so beautifully coloured.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card, beautiful kingfisher.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!