Tuesday, 10 August 2010

Passion for ProMarkers Challenge

It's time for another challenge over at Passion for ProMarkers and this week we want to see creations with the theme of music. The sponsor for this week is Whiff of Joy and the winner will have the choice of 1 stamp.

For my card I used a fab image from Mo Manning, I just love the way the dog has his head back howling ! I've actually used Aqua Markers this time and have painted the image. As I've used a digi image I heat set the ink before I started so that the outline wouldn't run.

I've distressed the edges of the image and used some DI too and added some faux stitching. The music is an old stamp that I picked up in a sale years ago and I've stamped it with Vintage Photo DI and also blended it over the card and distressed the edges.

The flower is made using the Paper Artsty Grunge Flower die which I've used to cut out two flowers from some card that I've stamped with the music stamp and then rubbed Vintage Photo and Victorian Velvet DI over it. The centre of the flower is a rolled flower and I've rubbed Vintage Photo and Victorian Velvet DI over the top. I've cut some pieces of organza ribbon to sit the flower onto. The swirl is cut using a Tim Holtz die and the paper is Basic Grey which I've stitched around the edge.

I had lots of fun with this card as there was plenty of ink and distressing !

Hope you get chance to join us this week and look forward to seeing your musical creations !

Thanks for looking.
Sue

6 comments:

  1. gorgeous card Sue..love the flower...i so "need more distress inks (stamps feet)... ( i only have two :0( )...

    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely card Sue, its lovely to see the aqua PM's used.

    I love the howling dog too!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great, fun image - love the singing dog! A brilliant card.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Sue - love your distressing! Aren't the aquas great for the distressed look! Fab swirl and the music backing is wonderful! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card Sue. Love the colouring of the image and the details also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this one! That flower is amazing. I love how it is made out of sheet music and as usual great colouring xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!