Sunday, 15 August 2010

Wedding bells !

No not mine......lol.........this is a card I've made for an order. I always struggle with wedding cards for some reason so was quite pleased with the finished article ! The image and the sentiment is from Squigglefly and I've shaded the cake with ProMarkers. I've cut it out with Labels 3 Nestabilities and rubbed some more Victorian Velvet DI around the edge. The background is made using Victorian Velvet DI then I stamped with the same ink using my favourite Crafty Individuals stamp.


I've whizzed around the edge with the sewing machine and added some pearls. The dots on the cake are small blobs of Perfect Pearls.

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:


I feel quite spoilt today as I've spent the whole day pottering in my craft room. I've managed to catch up with my DT cards and orders so feel quite relaxed at the moment ! Don't suppose it will last though ...lol... Hope you're all having a relaxign week end.

Thanks for looking
Sue

10 comments:

  1. Oh this is beautiful Sue - I just love the way you use the Distress Inks. Doesn't it feel good to have time to yourself - enjoy it while you can lol.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Sue, i love how you have coloured the cake and added the pearls. I'm useless with perfect pearls. For some reason mine end up as Perfectly Pointy Pearls but yours look nice and round.
    I've been meaning to ask, when you do your background paper, do you use foam to rub the ink on or apply ink directly to a craft matt and sprits with water before dipping the paper in? I have a vintagy card i need to do and would like to make my own background, it's weeks away but you know how this makes me hyperventillate and it's beginning to haunt me a night now lol!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and elegant card!!! Love your coloring and shading and your stitching looks great!!!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Sew Many Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the email Sue that was really helpful. I'm glad i read to the end because my finger slipped on the mouse and i accidentally deleted or spammed it. I will go to bed tonight and repeat your words over and over to commit them to memory. Honestly, i'm so flipping clumsy!
    Thanks again for taking the time
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Sue, the victorian velvet is such a lush colour, its really soft.

    Sounds like youve had the perfect day!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sue wonderful card and beautiful wedding cake image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful Sue, the cake is amazing and I love the perfect pearls. Fantastic wedding card,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty Wedding Card! Love the Perfect Pearls that you added to the cake! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks for sharing with us at SMC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a gorgeous card!

    Thank you for stitching and participating in Sew Many Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!