Wednesday, 29 September 2010

E is for .......

We've reached the letter 'E' over at ABC Challenge and so this time we would like to see an Easel card. The sponsor for this challenge is Secret Crafter.

For my card I decided to use some Paper Artsy stamps which I've had for a while but not really used that much. I started by stamping the bird with Shabby Shutters DI and then clear embossing it. I stamped around the edge with Bundled Sage and the cut it out with a Nestability and blended some more DI around the edge. The background panel is made with Bundled Sage DI and Rusty Hinge DI. I've stamped the images with Bundled Sage and the words with Shabby Shutters DI.



The bottom panel is made in the sage way, blending Bundled Sage over the card first of all then adding some Rusty Hinge around the edges.

I love the colours of Autumn and they inspired me to make the above card. I look forward to seeing your Easel cards.

Thanks for looking
Sue

9 comments:

  1. This is a really beautiful card! I like the stamps too.
    Hanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so lovely - colours, subject matter and clever little easel card - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Sue, the image and the shades youve chosen are perfect together! Perfect!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, love the colours, the bird is such a lovely image and very strong. Just love it, xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sue this is fabulous - love the subtle stamping on the background - reminds me of a frosty Autumn morning.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card! Green is really pretty colour, but not seen often in cards. I love the way you used that kind of stamp for the card, not something to be coloured you know. Background is so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is fabulous Sue.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fab card. I will getting into all this shading and distressing stuff after I get my Christmas present *wink* Thanks for the inspiration. Might have to get this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous Sue! Love the colours and how ypu used those stamps!! Leandra (paperartsy)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!