Tuesday, 28 September 2010

Passion for ProMarkers

It's time for another challenge over on Passion for ProMarkers and it's my turn to set the challenge. So this week we would like to see Vintage or Shabby Chic. The sponsor for this week is Joanna Sheen and the prize is a £10 voucher.


The main image I've used is from an Aspects of Design stamp set and I used a technique that I saw in the latest Craft Stamper magazine. I've used the Ice Greys and instead of a blender pen, which the instructions said to use, I used blending solution as I don't have a blender pen. It still worked quite well and I was pleased with the overall result.


The side panel is made using a Tim Holtz die cut as a mask then sponging Weathered Wood DI over the top. The mesh stamp is a Paper Artsy stamp, stamped with Faded Denim DI. The text stamp is En Francais from Stampin' Up, again stamped with Weathered Wood DI.



The flower is a free stamp that came with an edition of Craft Stamper and I've used it to make the background as well as stamping it and cutting it out and the brad is a filigree from Stampin' Up.

I hope you're going to be able to join us this week.

Thanks for looking
Sue

9 comments:

  1. Wow Sue this is stunning - love how you've shaded and coloured the image to make the features stand out - that's a work of art in itself!!!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is GORGEOUS! Love the monochrome
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! Really stands out. And some fun technics used as well. Great work!
    xMarie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning the half face stands out so well from the background and the background is just perfect. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW. This is great. I like it a lot. Nice colours and great image.
    Greetings from Finland

    Sirpa alias Apris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous card Sue. Love the colouring of the image and the details also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a FANTASTIC card . . . I really like the way you've given the face contours and a 3d appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowza Sue - I love this so much!!! Your colouring of the stamp is awesome and I love all your background stamping!! Hugs, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job at the technique Sue and lovely design x

    First one I've seen using the technique :)

    Vix

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!