Wednesday, 13 October 2010

ABC Challenge ...F is for .....

It's time for another challenge over on ABC Challenge and we're now on to the letter 'F'. What we would like to see this time is..... 'F' is for flowers. Now we all have some flowers in our stash so this should be a nice easy one for you ! The sponsor for this challenge is Secret Crafter.



I've made this card for my sister to give to her eldest daughter, I'm confident no one will look here before Saturday (famous last words !). I've used a Sketching Stamper image, which I've heat set with a heat gun then used DI to water colour it. I've cut the image out with a Labels 17 Nestabilities and sponged Tea Dye DI around the edge before removing the die. The text is the gorgeous Stampin' Up En Francais stamp which I've stamped with black Stazon and then blended Tea Dye and Vintage Photo DI over it and distressed the edges. The background piece is made with a Crafty Individuals stamp which I've stamped several times and then blended Tea Dye and Vintage Photo DI over it.



The flower is a Stampin' Up punch and I've punched 3 flowers from an old book and then used Vintage Photo DI. The centre flower is also a Stampin' Up punch and I've blended Vintage Photo over some white card and punched the flower from it. The swirls are a Sizzlet die and I've used the same technique again to get the right colour. The sentiment is a Paper Mania stamp.

I hope you get chance to join us this week.

Thanks for looking
Sue

11 comments:

  1. WOW - this is just FABULOUS! Attention to detail really pays off here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your card on the ABC challenge and wated to tell you that I love it. you put so much work into this card and it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Sue, very glam! I don't think you can go wrong with shoes for a woman...or bags, chocolate and cake for that matter!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card lovely colouring and the flower is fabulous. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sue, can I come round for a lesson on vintage!! You just do it so well - this is awesome!! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waw, the card it's fantastic! I love vintage style :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Sue.
    Hugs
    Sheila-x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow such a gorgeous card I love it.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Sue! I love what youve done with it! Makes it look so different, your vintage touch is beautiful and I love the swirl!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just fabulous - again, I love the color palette and how you stamped your background. Beautiful flower made from the old book too! That shoe stamp is to die for!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!