Wednesday, 27 October 2010

ABC Challenge...G is for .....

I can't believe another 2 weeks has flown by ! At this rate it will soon be Christmas ......lol.....
So onto the new challenge and this time over on ABC Challenge we would like to see .......'G' is for glitter ! The sponsor for this challenge is Simon Says Stamp.

Now this challenge did pose me a small problem, which you may have noticed, I don't like glitter ! So I've made a compromise and used stickles glitter glue, which I can cope with....lol..... just !


First of all I made the background which is done using a torn piece of paper and Broken China DI. I've sponged the DI along the edge of the paper to create the 'hills'. I then used a Clarity tree stamp (which I'd forgotten I'd got!) and also masked off parts of the card and stamped over the top with the same DI. I've stamped a snowflake around the bottom edge of the panel from a Katzelkraft stamp set. The main image is one of my favourite Christmas stamps and is from the same set of Katzelkraft stamps. I've used Midnight Blue Stazon and then dotted some Stickles on certain parts. The sentiment is also from the same set of stamps.

The snowflake punch is a Martha Stewart and I've put a blob of blue Stickles in the centre. The background paper is Basic Grey and I've used my sewing machine to zig zag around the edge.

Quite a simple card in the end but I really like it, you may be seeing more 'hills' in the near future!

Well I hope you're all managing to stay wrapped up and warm. I had to use my hot water bottle for the first time this week. I'm also trying to fight off a cold, everyone around me seems determined to give it to me. It may come to wearing a gas mask soon !

Hope you're able to join us for this challenge.

Thanks for looking
Sue

13 comments:

  1. WOWWWWWW . . . . I LOVE this card! Sooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW that background is stunning! Love it :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh Sue this is just divine, I love it all and could sit and look at it for ages as it's so beautiful!

    Those hills are great and I have to say the tiny touch of Stickles looks just right! The colour is beautiful!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So So beautiful - lovely colour and of course you know I love to see a sewing machine has been in action too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is amazing! I adore it :) Those stamps are great, colours look wonderful. By the way, I don't like glitter either xD You are not alone with this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Sue how stunning is this card!!!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue-This is stunning! I love the colour and I really love the big flourish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! This is a card to rival any of Barbara Grays! Absolutely stunning Sue.
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK........drooling big time here....lol!!!
    Love the stamp and the colours are my favourites.
    Gorgeous card.
    Hugs
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue, I came across your blog quite by accident while searching online for Artemio stamps. I will be checking back on a regular basis. Your cards are gorgeous.

    I too have this Katzelkraft stamp set...me thinks it will be coming out of hibernation...the shame I haven't started on any Christmas cards yet!

    I love this card, the colour combo, the simple layout and the restrained use of Stickles...you gotta have some bling!

    Hugs, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Sue, your card is stunning and so elegant! I love what you have done with the torn papers and the beautiful stamped image is so beautiful :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a stunner Sue - very elegant, and I just love the background.
    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is wonderful, thanks to use my stamps in such talented way.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!