Friday, 15 October 2010

Birthday Girl !

I had some fun making this card, as I got really inky ! I started by making the background and used Spice Marmalade, Fired Brick and Dried Marigold DI and blended it over some white card stock. I then used a fab background stamp from Stampin' Up called Sanded and stamped it with Spiced Marigold DI. Then I used two of the flower stamps from the Baroque Motifs Stampin' Up set and stamped with Spiced Marigold and Fired Brick. The side panel is cut out with Labels 17 Nestabilities and then put through the Cuttlebug with the Birthday EF. I then sanded it to highlight the words.


The swirl is a Tim Holtz Sizzix die which has been cut from card that's had the DI treatment and also stamped over with a Paper Artsy stamp. The flowers are a Sizzix Bigz die and the centre is made from self adhesive pearls. The sentiment is a rub on and I've cut it out with a Fancy Tag and sponged Dried Marigold over it before removing the die.

This card is for one of my niece's whose birthday is tomorrow, I've made it for my Mum to give to her. I think it fits the bill as she's quite quirky ! ( My niece not my Mum....lol.....) It's been ages since I've found some time to get all inky, I love it !

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:


Thanks for looking
Sue

6 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Sue - love the textures and those beautiful warm colours.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh, the texture and the colours just take my breath away!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Прекрасна композиция,наистина се наслаждавам на деня!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue,
    What gorgeous style you have. All your cards are just so stunning & elegant. Love the gorgeous colours on this. Big WOW! Hope you're keeping well.
    Big Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do such fabulous work with the distress inks. I love that you do your own backgrounds and don't rely on DP all the time. Great work - love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!