Tuesday, 19 October 2010

Passion for Promarkers Challenge

The weeks are certainly flying by, I can't believe it's time for another Passion for Promarkers challenge ! This week we're getting into the festive spirit and would like to see either pink and white or purple and white Christmas creations. The sponsor for this week's challenge is Whiff of Joy and the prize is one stamp of your choice.

I found this beautiful image over at Mo Manning's so thought I had to use her for this project. I've followed the sketch over on Card Patterns for this card, I've rotated it so that the design fits. I've painted the image using Aqua Markers then cut her out using a Labels One Nestability. I've sponged Brilliance ink around the edge before removing the die. I then cut out the largest scalloped square Nestability and used it as the layer beneath.


The background has been made using a stamp from an Elusive Images set which I've double stamped using Royal Purple Stazon ink. I've then used the Brilliance ink to stamp the snowflake, which is from a Katzelkraft set of stamps.

I then blended the Brilliance ink around the edge and whizzed round with the sewing machine. The bow was an experiment as I used a floristry technique, it's not turned out too bad but I think there's room for improvement ! I've added some stickles to the top edges of the angel's wings to add a bit of sparkle, not sure it really shows up on the photo though.

I hope you get chance to join us this week.

Thanks for looking
Sue

10 comments:

  1. Wow that's just fabulous Sue and your bow is stunning!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous coloring and that bow is scrumptious!!! Thanks for playing with CP this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pure elegance, Sue! I adore that bow, it's stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow Sue you have coloured her perfectly and that ribbon is scrummy
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I looove this, very elegant and so beautiful. The purple is stunning !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, love that purple ribbon
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pure perfection! Such a majestic image - love it!! And your hand-created background - can I just say WOW!!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning card. I love that amazing image and you've coloured her beautifully. I really love the layers and all the stitching too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stylish card Sue, love the purple!
    Fabulous bow!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! The image is phenomenal and that bow/ribbon is just stunning!! Love the purple color palette.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!