Wednesday, 10 November 2010

ABC Challenge ....H is for ...

It's time for another challenge over on ABC Challenge and we're now up to the letter H, which is for (Christmas) holidays. So we'd like you to get started (if you haven't already) on your Christmas cards. The sponsor for this challenge is Lilli of the Valley and the prize is a £10 voucher.


I was very lucky at the week end to be in the vicinity of the Graphicus shop, and only to be polite of course, I made 'one or two' purchases .........lol.......

I decided to use the torn paper and DI technique again to make the hills for the background. The background trees are from Stampin' Up's Lovely as a Tree set which have been stamped in Broken China DI. The snowflakes are from a Katzelkraft stamp set and I've stamped onto a scrap piece of paper first to lighten the ink. The foreground tree is from a new set of stamps by Elusive Images as is the sentiment.


I've cut the sentiment out with Labels 16 Nestabilities and blended some more Broken China DI around the edge. I've paper pierced the corner and then used a Martha Stewart punch to create the little points all around the edge. I am quite liking the simplicity of this card and I'm definitely in love with doing blue Christmas cards so you could see alot more !

I hope you get chance to join us with this challenge.

Thanks for looking
Sue

9 comments:

  1. OMG Sue how beautiful is this card - a truly wonderful Christmas snowy scene - it's perfect!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is gorgeous Sue.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue this is gorgeous! I love the snowy scene you have created it is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue I love the simple lines of this card it's beautiful love Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful Sue.
    Hugs
    Sheila-x-

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Sue I love the beautiful simplicity of the design. I feel a sudden urge to get my tree stamps inked up.
    Hugs
    Clare
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning - I just love the pale icy colours.
    Hugs
    Valx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!