Saturday, 27 November 2010

And here's another one !

Here's another card that I've made for my niece's birthday..... 2 down 2 to go ! The main images are from a stamp set I picked up from a new craft shop that's opened in our local garden centre. How handy is that ! I've shaded them with ProMarkers and cut them out with an oval deckle edged Nestability. I've used Milled Lavender and Dusty Concord DI around the edge. The purple background is made with the same DI and then I've stamped an Elusive Images backgound stamp with Dusty Concord. The lace is made with a stamp that I've had for ages and this is the first time I've used it. I've stamped with black Archival onto tissue paper and used the reverse side so it was a little more faded.


The flower is made with Mulberry paper and black tissue paper using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die. I've wet the edges of the Mulberry paper and gently teased away some of the fibres. The centre brad is one of my last Marah Johnson one's ( if any one knows where I can get some more I'd love to hear from you! ) The background paper is Papermania and the sentiment is from an Aspects of Design stamp set. The border punch is a Martha Stewart.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges :

Well it's been very cold here today and I was surprised to see snow when I opened the curtains this morning. I managed to get off our estate without any problems, let's just hope it's that easy tomorrow !

Hope you're all keeping warm !
Thanks for looking
Sue

11 comments:

  1. Sue this is beautiful! I love the different stamping elements of this, it's just gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is really lovely Sue!

    I cant believe it's a whole year gone by so quickly, was this the niece that you made all of those beautiful cards for her special birthday last year??

    You could enter this for the current challenge 'celebrations' at Delicious Doodles, it fits perfectly!

    So stunning!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow its amazing....love all the elements and my fav colours :o)
    hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card and after the autumn and Christmas colors it is fun to see some purple! thanks for sharing with PCC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Sue, love it.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Sue and that stamped lace is beautiful and looks very real!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I've not been around for a while hun sometimes life just makes its own demands. This is another of your fabulous creations loving the colours. A new craft shop to explore lucky you hve fun! xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh...great job! Thanks for joining us at Paper Makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty card! I love the purple and black and your flower is fabulous! Lovely image too! Thanks for playing along with our Makeup 4 the Weekend challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at M4TW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue this is sooooo pretty! Fun, flirty with a hint of elegance! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Makeup Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!