Friday, 12 November 2010

Birthday girl !

It's been a while since I made a card that wasn't for a DT, so I thought I'd share this one that was for an order I did earlier this week.

The gorgeous image is from an Aspects of Design stamp set which I've stamped with Stampin' Up ink onto a piece of card that I've blended Spun Sugar DI all over. I've then watercoloured the hair using Tea Dye DI, not being too precise with the watercolouring. I've stamped over the corners with another stamp from the same set using Victorian Velvet DI. I've also used a ProMarker to add a little shade around the left hand side of the face and neck. The background is made using an Elusive Images background stamp, again using a Stampin' Up ink pad and then blending Victorian Velvet DI around the edge.


The little butterfly is from a set of punches I bought from QVC ages ago and it just sits quite nicely over a butterfly on the stamped image with a couple of pearls on the body. The tag is cut using a Quickutz die and the sentiment is a stamp I've had for an age too and apologies I don't know who it's by. I've used some linen thread to tie the tag onto the gros grain ribbon.

I'm also entering this card into the Crazy 4 Challenges challenge which is to make a square card and Cute Card Thursday which is anything goes.

Well it's been a really grey, cold day here today and I don't suppose it's going to get any better now. I'm just coming round to the idea of thinking about Christmas, even though I've been making Christmas cards for ages now, it still doesn't feel like it's only 6 weeks away !!

Thanks for looking
Sue

3 comments:

  1. Very very beautiful - a stunning image and I love the butterflies in her hair.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card sure to be loved. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a stunning card ~love those colours together ~ the butterfly is just perfect!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!