Sunday, 21 November 2010

Can't see for looking !

Have you ever had one of those moments when you've used something ( in this case an ink pad) and then it just disappears into thin air! After turning my craft room upside down, throwing a few things across the room and coming to a decision that it had definitely disapeared...I found it !

I've made this card for my sister to give to her eldest daughter for her birthday on Tuesday of this week. The main image is one of my favourtite's at the moment and it's from an Aspects of Design stamp set, which is stamped with black Archival ink and then I've used Dusty Concord DI around the edge. I've mounted it onto a piece of card that I've stamped the En Francais text stamp by Stampin' Up at a jaunty angle and then cut it out using Labels 14 Nestability and used Chipped Sapphire DI around the edge. The border has been made using a Tim Holtz edge die and I've used some more Dusty Concord DI around the edge.


The background was made using Dusty Concord DI too and I've stamped with the same ink using the butterfly stamp from another Aspects of Design stamp set, the word is from an Elusive Images set. The flower is made using Tattered Flowers Tim Holtz Sizzix die and grunge paper. I've used Chipped Sapphire and Dusty Concord to colour the paper and the centre is from the Tim Holtz foliage ideaology set. I've done some zig zag stitching over two of the corners and added some nail heads too, it's all mounted onto some Papermania paper.

I'm entering this card into the below challenges :

Hope you've all had a good week end.

Thanks for looking
Sue

11 comments:

  1. Hi Sue! Love this dark and mysterious card, the purple is gorgeous. Wish I had eyelashes like that........!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, so unique and so elegant!!

    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Brewed Challenges! Your style is great!

    Greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool style you have - love this card so much!
    Very fun that you joined the show off your style challenge at fresh brewed designs, keep up the good work and see you soon again I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card for your niece! All that beautiful purple. Fab! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is totally stunning Sue! There is so much detail to take in, I'm sure your neice will love it.

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! BEAUTIFUL CARD!!! I just LOVE it!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodles Shop`s Best
    Hugs~Tine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous work Sue, love the colours you've done it in x

    Know the feeling about losing stuff, I spent 2 hours colourng in an image last week to use for a DT card tommoz and its vanished!! Spent an hour and half turfing the house up lookng for it before colouring in another one (which I didnt like so did a 3rd one!) Still havent found first one though but half expected to after I finished the card this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Captivating. Stunning. Beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing your STYLE at Freshly Brewed Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just TOTALLY LOVE that stamp!!! And the purple is awesome! That's one great card! I'm sure she'll love it!

    Thanks for joining us at DDSB

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing card !

    Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best, hop to see you again.

    I am posting this to all those I comment on, so you might have got this before, if so I hope it’s ok to get it again :D
    I am one of the DT members at DDSB and I want to tell you about group I have opened at PCP “Fan’s of Digi Doodle Shop” and you are so very welcome to join us there :D
    http://www.papercraftplanet.com/group/fansofdigidoodleshop

    All the best to you, Jóna

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!