Friday, 19 November 2010

First Challenge for The Stamp Man !

This is my first DT card for The Stamp Man, which I am very excited about joining ! This challenge is all about 'Tim' at Christmas and we would like to see Christmas cards using Tim Holtz products and if you're short of the odd thing or two, make sure you check out the fab selection at The Stamp Man.


For my card I used this gorgeous image from the Tim Holtz Santa's Wish stamp set. The main image has been stamped with Timber Brown Stazon and I've used a little Fired Brick DI to paint the holly berries. I've cut the image out using Labels One Nestabilities and then used Frayed Burlap DI around the edge. The side panel has been made using the holly stamp from the same set again using Timber Brown Stazon and stamping twice before re-inking to give a two tone look.


The background piece is made using Frayed Burlap DI but I've then gone round the edge with Vintage Photo DI to add a little definition. I've paper pierced the corners and found this oddment of ribbon in my stash (which I had to iron before I could use it !)

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.

Thanks for looking
Sue

7 comments:

  1. ooh how exciting Sue! Well done on your DT spot I know you're going to love it.

    Great to see a card in your style, I love it
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is beautiful Sue - love the image and that fabulous bow. Congratulations on joining the DT at The Stamp Man.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous! So glad to be teamies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so gorgeous sue. I really love this stamp and welcome aboard xx

    debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a stunning card Sue, its hard to beat the real traditional images of Santa!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just stunning Sue - such a fabulous card. I love what you have been creating and I am looking forward to being part of the same team with you.
    Work is sooo busy at the moment but I will be over more regularly soon.
    Take care.
    luv {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card Sue, it's a brilliant start for your DT work with us:) The ribbon was definitely worth ironing, it finishes it off so well.

    Thank you again for joining our team:)

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!