Saturday, 18 December 2010

Happy Birthday Sis !

Happy Birthday Vonnie !

I've made this card for my eldest sister, and as it's her birthday today I'm safe posting it now ! I've really enjoyed making this card as I've used loads of ink and all of the backgrounds are made with stamps, no paper involved ! The most gorgeous image is one of Mo Mannings and when I spotted it I knew it was a must have. It's been shaded with ProMarkers then I've blended some Tea Dye and Vintage Photo DI around the edge. The background piece is made using a set of Serendipity stamps, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo DI. There is one small piece of paper which is a torn page from an old book. I've given it the DI treatment to age it. The wonderful swirl is made using a Tim Holtz die and I've rubbed Vintage Photo DI over that too ! The flower is cut from the page of an old book using the Tattered Flowers Tim Holtz die, and I've rubbed more DI over it. The centre flower is also a Tim Holtz embellisment from the idea-ology range. The metal corner embellisments are from my stash and I've used Espresso Alcohol ink to make them look tarnished.


The book stamp is also from the same Serendipity set of stamps and I've cut around it and mounted it onto brown card then onto foam pads.


I wanted to show the above photo as the base piece of card was made using Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain DI then I used the most fabulous background stamp by Stampin' Up called Sanded. It gives the paper the most wonderful scratched look and I fell in love with it immediately !

The problem with getting carried away with making my cards is that they won't fit into an envelope ! So I've discovered that I need to make a box more often than not. I've used the same DI on the card then stamped the images from the Serendipity set and added the ribbon.

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges :

I hope you're all ready for Christmas and managing to keep warm in this very cold weather that's come back to cause chaos !

Thanks for looking
Sue

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card love the wizard. Must be quite a challenge to make cards for your sister's birthday without any Christmas theme or reference well done. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow fab card you've gone distress ink mad they are great though aren't they thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Sue

    A really great card, love the traditional feel.

    Thank you for joining in my theme fortnight Allsorts and good luck.

    B x
    Don't miss my candy here

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing box.... it is a gorgeous as the card.

    Thank you for playing along with Paperplay on this Challenge.

    Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year and all the best for 2011. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!