Wednesday, 22 December 2010

K is for ....Keep it simple !

Well this must be the hardest card I've ever made ! The challenge this time round over on ABC Challenges is 'K' is for keep it simple. The sponsor for the challenge is Secret Crafter.


I've decided that simple and me don't mix ! This was my third attempt at keeping it simple and as time and my patience was running out, I kept it. I don't know what it is about large expanses of white card, but it just feels wrong to me ! Any way, I started by stamping the letters with Midnight Blue Stazon, I mounted them on to white card and cut it out with Labels 16 Nestabilities and used some more Stazon to sponge around the edge before removing the die.




I've mounted it onto a scrap piece of navy Bazill card and added some self adhesive pearls. The swirl is from a Hot off The Press stamp set, and I've stamped that with Stazon ink too.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge, and I hope you find it easier than I did !

Thanks for looking
Sue

6 comments:

  1. I think you've done it very well and I love it! If you're not comfortable with masses of white card - why not do another one with a blue base, white mate and white embossed NOEL?

    Love
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly has your style very elegant perfect placement of topper and florish. Happy Christmas XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgoeus, I like the dark blue on white, great choise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTASTIC card! However, I know exactly how difficult it is to do 'SIMPLE', I can't deal with those big white spaces either, lol.

    Merry Christmas

    Judi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why does the word 'simple' make it so difficult lol. Anyway you've risen to the challenge and won - it's a fabulous card.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning in its simplicity. Have yourself a Magical Christmas. keeley

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!