Friday, 3 December 2010

Take 3 Christmas colours .....

It's time for a new challenge over at The Stamp Man and this time we would like to see cards using 3 Christmas colours.



This is another A5 card that I've made for an order. I have to say I'm not that keen on making cards this big, I don't know why, it just doesn't feel right ! Anyway, I started with a piece of white cardstock and then blended Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint DI over it. I used a piece of torn paper to mask off the card and make some hills across it. The trees are from the Tim Holtz Reindeer Flight stamp set. The reindeer is from the same set and has been embossed with gold EP. I've cut it out then mounted it onto red card and cut that out too. The sentiment is also embossed with gold EP, the stamp is from Tim Holtz's Mini Holidays stamp set. I've used an oval deckle edged Nestability to cut it out and lightly sponged some DI around the edge.




The border is Tim Holtz Sizzix Die called Scrollwork, I love this die ! I've just added some nail heads for a little more interest.

Well the snow is still lingering, I do love to see it though, I know the chaos it causes but it just feels really magical to me ! (I'd better stop now before I burst into song! ....lol.....)

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.

Thanks for looking
Sue

9 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous Sue and I'm with you on the bigger cards - I much prefer making the square ones!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a square card girl too, and don't like A5 either, so I'm with you on it too! But this one is gorgeous! Love the oval shape framing the greeting, and the green trees blending into the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Sue - you've got the balance perfectly and such gorgeous colours!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Sue, I like the idea of creating hills, and the reindeer leaping over the oval wording.

    I make so many square cards that any other size seems odd to me now, I made 2 A6 csrds last night and even they felt odd!

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue

    Love this card very much.

    Fantastic background and lush ribbon.

    I am pleased I am not the only one who struggles with A5 cards. How on earth people manage A4 ones I have no idea LOL!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Sue, great scene and gorgeous colours - it all works so well, and some of my favourite elements too.
    Hope you have had a good weekend.
    luv {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue, browsing blog land I discovered yours. I love the card. The distressed background sets the reindeer off perfectly. But oh no... I can see me making another crafty purchase...the deckled ovals. I have the rectangles, but not the ovals. The way you've used them really sets off the sentiment.

    At least Sir Tim's images make it easier to create an A5 card. I've tried to mix it up this year instead of going for A6 or 6x6.

    Hugs, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  8. really gorgeous sue. the colours are so perfect
    love debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. very noble and stylish card!
    LOVE it!!!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!