Saturday, 22 January 2011

A Golden Wedding

This is a card I've made for an order for.....yes you guessed it a Golden Wedding Anniversary. I have to admit that anything that has the word 'wedding' in it has me running for cover so I always find these sorts of cards a struggle. Anyway, after a hunt through boxes of stamps I eventually found the one I was looking for which is an Inkadinkado stamp. It's not had an airing in quite a while so it was good to make something with it. I stamped the main image with black Memento ink then I shaded the image with Pro-Markers. I cut it out using Labels 17 Nestabilites and used Antique Linen, Scattered Straw and Tea Dye DI around the edge. The year was printed on my PC then cut out with the same Nestability. The embossed panel was made using the Victoria Cuttlebug EF and I've blended Antique Linen and Scattered Straw DI over the top. The side panel is K&CO paper and the background paper is Basic Grey.



I've used a Tim Holtz die for the swirl and the main sentiment was done on my PC and cut out with nesties and give the DI treatment tool.



The flower is made using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers Sizzix die and I've used tissue paper then inked it with Scattered Straw and Tea Dye DI. The centre flower is also from the same die but I've cut it from a scrap piece of hem binding I had lying around and popped a gold brad in the centre.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges :

Well that's that 'W' card done, I can move onto more pleasurable projects now ! I have to say I've been rather spoilt today as I've been at home all day and done exactly what I liked ! I've had to do some studying, but I've coupled that with some time in my craft room so can't be bad !

28 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and spooky! Those could be late '50s early 60s wedding cloths ....... judging by pictures I've seen from then LOL XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Sue this has to be my favourite of yours ever! It's gorgeous and I'm sure the recipients will think the same.
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC creation. I absolutely love the vintage feel. Wonderful layout, colours and papers. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow i love the image, your card is beautiful, thanks for joining us at Craftycatz this week, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful card and I love the image. May have to add that one to my collection!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet!

    Thanks for joining our "It's a couple thing" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card, love the flower and image, great Vintage feel. Thanks for sharing at LIIU.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue, gorgeous card, stylish but with a elegant distressed edge. Love the image. Do you have the code for the stamp? Hugs, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW.... fabulous card!!!! great layout and just perfect details!!!
    thanks for joining us at Basic Grey challenge.
    Hugs, Giò

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, Sue, this is marvelous. Love the warm sepia tones. The newsprint background is great as is all the wonderful texture! A totally beautiful piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful, a stunning card! Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just lovely, Sue. Very well put together, love the newspaper print and how you used it. Thanks for playing along with us at the Alphabet Challenge blog. Blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Sue, perfect for a Golden Wedding anniversary, fantastic embossing and I just love all your beautiful details.

    So glad you could join us At Basic Grey,
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooops, sorry for previous post! Meant to say ~ What a fantastic card, love everything about it, especially the image. Do you have the number of the stamp Sue please, I MUST have it!Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi everyone, couldn't think of an easier way to do this, so the number for the stamp is 90383 - x. Thanks for all your lovely comments and good luck in hunting down this stamp !

    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely card and thanks for joining crafty catz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect image for an anniversary card, lovely vintage feel

    Thank you for joining in the fun at Alphabet Challenge Blog

    Hel xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous Sue, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is super Sue, Im sure they will totally treasure it. I love the shades youve chosen, really lovely and soft.

    Have to agree the image is really lovely and can see why it is popular!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this one, very pretty vintage card. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Breathtakingly beautiful!! Loving the colours and your delicate, intricate design. And what a gorgeous image!!
    It's always a joy to look at your work!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous, gorgeous card, love the beautiful image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a gorgeous card Sue. Love the design and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Simply stunning! Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best
    Hugs,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a beautiful card Sue, the image is one of the best I've ever seen and perfect for a vintage wedding card. I'm sure it will be treasured,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. You have done a great job on a card requested of you - truly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Sue, just love this card. Such an sweet feeling, and beautifully coloured.
    Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!