Saturday, 8 January 2011

Happy Birthday Rob !

I made this card for my brother in law's birthday, which was on Thursday. He's into birdwatching so I decided to go with that theme and see where it led me. I started by embossing a piece of card with a Quickutz embossing folder then I cut out the diamond shapes to leave me with a stencil. I masked off part of the stencil and sponged Brushed Corduroy DI over it. I used Tumbled Glass and Broken China DI around the edges. The stamps I've used are a mixture of Elusive Images and PaperArtsy. The bird was stamped onto card that had DI blended over it and then cut out.



The swirl is a Tim Holtz die and I've used Copper EP and done 2 layers and while the second layer was still warm I've stamped into it with a Paper Artsy stamp to give it some texture.

Well after a very rainy night we've got blue skies and sun, which is lovely to see but it is very cold ! I don't think I'll be venturing far today !

Thanks for looking
Sue

5 comments:

  1. oh Oh OH stunning card XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Sue!
    What a stunning card! i love the bird stamp and the nuted colours are great for a bloke. I'm sure your brother in law will love it!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Sue, I love the colours and the depth of the stamping is amazing. The whole piece is composed so well and is so attractive.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Sue.
    I just love the colours.
    Hugs
    Sheila-x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sue it is wonderful, love all the elements, just work so well. Kim

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!