Friday, 14 January 2011

The Stamp Man Challenge

It's time for another challenge over at The Stamp Man and this time we would like you to get 'distressed'.....well not literally, but we would like to see lots of distressing on your projects. Don't forget that the winner of the challenge gets a £10 voucher to spend in The Stamp Man shop !


So, on to my card, I used the Aspects of Design, Classical Instruments stamp set (these stamps are gorgeous!). I started by using a combination of Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain DI on a piece of white card. I then stamped the guitar with black Archival ink, and also stamped the sentiment with the same ink. The background pieces were made using a Tim Holtz mask called Concerto. I blended various DI over the mask, and made a separate piece for the clef.

The paper is from the Tim Holtz Lost & Found collection ( I love these papers !) and the charm is from my stash and I treated it to some Espresso Alchol Ink. I was wanting something else to add to this card but I couldn't put my finger on it so left it as it was, but I still feel it's missing something.

Have fun with distress techniques over the next two weeks and leave some love on the DT blogs. You have until 9.00 pm on the 27th January to get your entry in.

Thanks for looking
Sue

5 comments:

  1. For a distressed crafter you've done a pretty good job :-) Love the design.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab Sue - everything goes so perfectly together.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card again Sue! I love how you have masked the music in the background it looks really good!
    I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone in getting my days muddled up....makes me feel more "normal"!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Sue, particularly the vintage/musical feel to it.
    Great distressing and fabulous colouring.
    Have a wonderful weekend .
    Take care.
    Luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful, Sue! Love the warm, worn look to it and your masking is fabulous. Did you know we have a masking challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week? Thanks for the compliment on my new blog too!

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!