Friday, 28 January 2011

The Stamp Man - Oriental

It;s time for another challenge over at The Stamp Man, and this time we would like to see you going Oriental ! The prize is a £10 voucher to spend at The Stamp Man.


For my card I used Non-Sequitor stamps and I stamped with Archival black ink onto card stock that I'd treated to Barn Door and Spiced Marmalade DI. I cut the main image out using Labels 3 Nestabilities and mounted it onto black card.

The background was created in the same way as was the side panel. The tassel is from my stash and I've used some Oriental coins & Charms. This was quite a simple card in the end and another first for me as I've never been attracted to using oriental stamps before, but this worked out quite well ! I'm also going to enter this card into the Daring Card Makers challenge which is something with an Oriental feel to it.

I hope you get chance to join us, you have until 9PM on 10th February.

11 comments:

  1. Spectacular! just been over to Brenda's so know the theme this fortnight and will HAVE to join in. What can I say about your card/work that has not already been said? SO original Love the backgrund, the colours, the image as usual just love the card. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card Sue, you have really captured that oriental feel. Those colours are stunning and a brilliant layout.
    Happy Friday.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a real beauty. Thanks for celebrating the Chinese New Year/Year of the Rabbit withThe Daring Cardmakers this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm speechless! What a stunning creation, I love absolutely everything about this card! Oh to be arty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW Sue this is fabulous - I absolutely love it! Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers this week.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunningly stylish card Sue, so full of eastern delights!
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is beautiful oriental card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue.....you can get the set of two stamps from Byrkley Park. They have a few sets by this company.
    Your card is gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Sheila-x-

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is just gorgeous. LOVE the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!