Sunday, 16 January 2011

Wet day birthday card !

What a miserable day today has been, talk about wet and grey ! But, on the other hand what a perfect day for spending in my craft room ! I made sure I was on top of things yesterday so that today was going to be a totally craft day.
I've made this card for my best friend's birthday, which is on Friday of this week. She's a real chocoholic so I thought this gorgeous Tim Holtz stamp would fit the bill nicely. I've stamped it onto this gorgeous Prima paper, which I've also stamped onto with a Katzelkraft stamp. I've mounted it onto a piece of card that I've used Shabby Shutters DI and then stamped with the text stamp from the same Tim Holtz set. I've cut it out with Labels 14 Nestabilites. The larger shape has been made with Victorian Velvet DI and then I've stamped the Katzelkraft swirl in Shabby Shutters DI and cut it out with Labels 14 Nestabilities.


The circle is cut out using a circle Nestability and it is the reverse of the Prima paper. The ticket is a freebie stamp that came with a Craft Stamper magazine ages ago and the swirl is a Tim Holtz die.


The flower is made with Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die, Stampin' Up En Francais background stamp and the centre flower is a Katzelkraft stamp.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Well I think I'm going to head off back to my craft room and have a bit more play time !

Thanks for looking
Sue

13 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous, Sue. I love the colors and all the yummy stamps you used! Great job on the sewing too - love the way it accents the corners.

    Sending you sunny, dry hugs from Miami, FL!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful layering - I am especially fond of that gorgeous pin through the flower centre - makes me want to go out and get myself some supplies for creating pins!!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, this is so fabulous!! Gorgeous colours and so much depth with your layering and embellies!! Love it! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Sue, love the colours and design, I am sure your friend will love it.
    Take care and have a good week.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, this is stunning.
    I love it!!!!!!!
    Beautiful color combo to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the layers and elements - it's totally stunning!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Sue. I should think your friend will treasure that.
    Hugs
    Sheila-x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so sweet! Thanks for joining our pink/green challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

    Greetings,
    Katja (DDSB-DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many beautiful details. Outstanding card...so glad you joined the Stampin B's die cut challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card!
    Just perfect for our Chocolate Challenge at My Time to Craft!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Sue, this card is totally stunning hun!!!. So much detail and loving the hat pin and clip touch. Hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty, thank you for joining us at at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!