Wednesday, 9 February 2011

90th Birthday

This is a card I've made for an order for a lady at work for her Nana's 90th Birthday. I've used one of my favourite stamps from an Elusive Images set. I stamped it twice and cut the rose out using a square Nestability. I've painted the flower with Distress Inks and then used Victorian Velvet DI around the edge. The embossed panel is made using the Victorian EF and I've stamped inside the folder using the Bella Toile Stampin' Up background stamp then embossed the card. I've rubbed Victorian Velvet over the top of the embossing and punched the edge with a Martha Stewart punch.


The text has been done on my PC and then I've cut them out using a Tim Holtz Sizzix die and rubbed some more DI around the edge. The rose in the centre of the bow is the same main stamp and I've stamped it onto shrink plastic and cut out the flower head.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges :

14 comments:

  1. It is a lovely stamp comes out wonderfully in so many ways. Never thought of using it as you have looks gorgeous. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Sue, love the flower, love the colours and love the vintage feel.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so gorgeous!! Fab stamping and your bow makes such a statement!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is absolutley beautiful!! I am sure your co worker and her Nana are going to love this.

    Hugs x
    Cecelia B

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Sue, this is totally AMAZING. I'm drooling here! That stamp is fabulous and I thought the script was part of it until I read that you created that on your computer. I want that font - what is it? I have been looking for a great script font and that fits the bill perfectly! Gorgeous color work and a cool technique to cut out the rose and layer it over itself. And the tabs for the sentiment - wow, this card is just full of wonderful touches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an elegant card I love that big bow. Thank you for joining in at Alphabet challenge this week.
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an elegant & beautiful card! Nana Rose will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your fabulous card Sue.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card thanks for joining us at Alphabet challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Sue. Love how you cut out the rose flower, what a great idea, it looks really good! The big bow is just perfect too.
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card.
    I've just blogged asking for ideas from all you clever paper crafters. Please shout if you can help cos I may well find a little gift for the best idea.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is simply stunning!! Thanks for joining in this weeks OSCC and hope you will be back for the next challenge. Hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colours and the ribbon is just gorgeous

    Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog, look forward to seeing you at our next challenge

    Hel xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wau--aivan mielettömän upea--

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!