Wednesday, 2 February 2011

ABC Challenge and a change

It's time for another challenge over at ABC Challenge and this time we want to see 'N' is for Nesties (or another make) ! The sponsor for this challenge is Bunny Zoe's Crafts and the prize is a £10 voucher to spend in her online store. We will also be changing the challenge to weekly and have 2 teams to inpsire you, so watch out for another challenge next week. We have another sketch for you too, but this is optional.


For my card I used a combination of Katzelkraft, Crafty Individuals and Stampin' Up stamps. I stamped the background using a Crafty Individuals stamp and used Brushed Corduroy DI around the edge. I stamped the horizontal panel using the Bella Toile background stamp by Stampin' Up using Plum Archival ink then gave it the DI treatment.


I used a new technique (to me) on the embossed panel. I was browsing aroung the internet and came across a fab video by Tim Holtz ( is he good or what ! ) The technique is to stamp on the inside of your embossing folder, I used the Bella Toile stamp, and then emboss your card. It gives a really good effect of the stamped image being the background and the raised parts are then rubbed with DI. I can see me doing this alot !

The gorgeous main image and the text are from Katzelkraft, which I've cut out with Nesties and also treated them to some DI. Bit of stitching and a bow and there you have it !

I hope you get chance to join us this week !

9 comments:

  1. Absolutly stunning card!! Love the vintage feeling and the deep colors! Have a great day!
    Hugs/Sari

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh Sue it's gorgeous! Love the background and the big red bow is perfect. Love it (as always!)
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is gorgeous. Love the rich red ribbon and a beautiful stamp.
    Hugs Trine lise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, real classy feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card - really elegant look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Goodness Sue - I have so go to try this! It looks fantastic!

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful! I absolutely love this card! And that ribbon is georgous!

    Hugs x
    Cecelia B
    ABC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for your message.
    I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Sue this is one stunning card.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!