Wednesday, 16 February 2011

ABC Challenge..'O' is for Old Fashioned

It's time for another challenge over on the ABC Challenge blog, as we've now moved to weekly challenges. The challenge for this week is 'O' is for Old Fashioned, now this can be vintage, distressed look or an old fashioned image. The sponsor for this challenge is Meljen's Designs and the DT were lucky enough to have a play with some of their images.


For my card I blended Spiced Marmalade and Dried Marigold DI over white card stock and then stamped with the Polka Dot background Stampin' Up stamp with Coffee Archival ink. I used the Tim Holtz die to cut a shape from Grunge Paper and blended Brushed Corduroy DI over it and did some faux stitching around the edge. The vintage lady is part of a Crafty Individuals stamp and the small flowers are from the Meljen's image that I printed slightly larger, as are the hearts, and shaded with ProMarkers. The letters are cut using the Vintage Market Tim Holtz Sizzix die and the swirl is another Tim Holtz die, again cut from Grunge Paper and given the DI treatment.


The rose is made using a freebie stamp that came with a Craft Stamper magazine, and I used the same technique to make the rose as I did on my altered box, a couple of posts ago.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges :



9 comments:

  1. I just adore your card! Love the deep rich colors, and that sentiment is just so sweet! Your embellies look great! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the DIs you have used and the whole design. Great card Sue.
    Hope you are having a good day.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love the colors and the paper flower;0)

    Hugs x
    Cecelia B

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Fabulous Sue!! Thanks for joining us this time at creative inspirations hope to see you next time too!!
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Sue - love the vintage style!
    Thank you for coming over to play at Top Tip Tuesday this week!
    Hugs
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Great how the sentiment is taking center stage! Wonderfully vintage feel! Thanks for getting distressed with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love the deep rich colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wowwww ! Sue i love it
    it's beautiful
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous - I love the colours and your flower is Fab!

    Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday this week for our 'All Stitched Up' Challenge :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!