I covered the entire box with Gesso so that I had a blank canvas to work from, it also makes it easier to apply colour on top.
Once the Gesso had dried I then used Kaiser colour acrylic paint in Pistachio and Olive. I used a Tim Holtz mini mask and also a mask I made myself using a Quickutz embossing folder which I cut the diamond shapes out with a craft knife.
The flowers are all from a Katzelkraft set of stamps as is the wonderful flourish stamp. The text stamp is also by Katzelkraft as is the large butterfly. The butterfly was stamped onto vellum then I coloured the reverse with ProMarkers. I stamped the butterfly onto the box and then stuck the vellum butterfly on top. The most amazing thing happened when I glued it in place, as I only put the glue down the centre spine the wings lifted themselves, it really looked like it was about to take off ! The smaller butterflies are punched once out of card and then once out of vellum.
For the lid I covered it with Tim Holtz crackle glaze, then I die cut flowers, leaves and the flourish using Tim Holtz dies out of Grunge Paper. The rose is made using a PaperArtsy die called Grunge flower. This is only my second attempt at this technique so I was quite pleased with it. The first time was using metal but this time I used Grunge Paper and coloured it with Spiced Marmalade and Barn Door DI.
I also stamped the very outer petals of the rose with a flourish Katzelkraft stamp. In hind sight I'm not sure that it's worked that well. The gorgous feet are from Tim Holtz's Ideaology range, it took me ages before I plucked up courage to stick them on, and then I made sure that my other half helped me !
I'm also entering the following challenges :
- Papertake challenge - Anything goes + flowers
- Paperplay - Stamp it out
- Sew Many Challenges - Anything goes
- My Time to Craft - Flourishes