Sunday, 20 February 2011

Dabbling with scrapbooking !

I've been meaning to have a go at doing a scrapbook page for ages and I finally got my act together and gave it a whirl. I quite enjoyed it, as I was wandering down memory lane while I was doing it to. The photo's are from our holiday in South Africa from 4 years ago. My birthday is on New Year's Eve and I decided I wanted to see the sun for a change, especially as it was one of those milestone birthdays ( no numbers mentioned !) The main photo you can see is me and my other half cooling off in a plunge pool at the back of our lodge on a game reserve. We thought we were going to melt it was that hot !

I've used Spiced Marmalade, Dried Marigold and Rusty Hinge DI then stamped with a mixture of Katzelkraft and Tanda stamps.



The tag and chain are Tim Holtz Ideaology and the lettering is stamped using one of those cheap cubes of alphabet stamps. Fortunately, I didn't need the letter 'd' as somehow I've managed to mislay it !



The flower was punched from Grunge Paper and given the DI treatment then I added some beads that I was kindly given by a lady who does alot of african beading, so they seemed very appropriate. The lettering down the side is made using my Olivia alphabet and the flourish is a Marianne die. The gorgeous paper is from the Tim Holtz Lost and Found paper stack.

I'm entering this page into the following challenges:



7 comments:

  1. Fab layout thanks for sharing it with us at CRAFT Challenge this week.

    Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a magical special Birthday Sue perfect for a memory page so you brought your usual flair and style to scrapbooking, is this the start of another string to your crafting? XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful layout Sue and how lucky to be there for a special birthday. I somehow missed your Spring card which is absolutely beautiful too.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is brilliant, fab details

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sue!! This is such a great Lo!! Love all the details, and beads fit right in!! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cor Sue so icredibly chuffed to see you doing a scrap page, did you enjoy creating it? you'll look back on this so many times in years to come.

    I'm intrducing a scrapbook layout challenge every month starting tomorrow!

    Love
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool that you went to Africa for your birthday! I love your layout and it looks like you're quite at home with scrapbooking :) Gorgoeus page.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!