Wednesday, 16 March 2011

ABC challenge ..Q is for ...

It's time for another challenge over on the ABC challenge and this time it's Q is for Quotes. We would like to see a quote on your project. The sponsor for this challenge is Stamp and Create.


I decided to go really distressed on this card and started by stamping the main image from a Serendipity stamp set, on a piece of white card and then screwing the card up tight in my hand (a great stress reliever!) I then ironed it flat and rubbed Tea Dye DI over the top. I stamped the background with another stamp from the same set and distressed the edges.

The leaves are made from Grunge Paper that I've stuck some K&Co paper on to and then given them the DI treatment too. The quote is from another set of Serendipity stamps, I've distressed the edges and then run round it with my sewing machine.

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:


I hope you get chance to join us this week.

5 comments:

  1. This is a stunning card Sue! Just love the colors, the distressing... Looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Sue and a lovely quote.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohh, I just love the brown and rust tones on this one! Those leaves are fantastic. Wonderful sentiment too.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome design Sue! Love the leaves and how you stamped the tree image in the background! Thank you so much for playing the C4C with us...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is gorgeous,I love the look of cards like this but can never achieve the look myself...I love your colours and the leaves are great....Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious....
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!