Saturday, 12 March 2011

Birthday Boy !

Well where did that week go ! It was a busy week for me as I had 2 family birthdays close together so was beavering away getting cards ready for everyone. The below card is one I made for my brother-in-law.


I started by making the background, I used different Distress Inks and stamped them onto a craft mat, sprayed them with water and then 'splodged' my card ontop. I used Chipped Sapphire DI around the edge and stamped the images with black Archival ink. The stamps are from a Paper Artsy set and also a Stampin' UP set. The sentiment is from a Tim Holtz set and I've cut it out using Nestabilities Labels 17 and given it the DI treatment. It's mounted onto an embossed piece of card, again given the DI treatment and embossed using a Tim Holtz EF.



The pocket watch is stamped onto Grunge paper which has had Spiced Marigold DI blended over it and then I've cut it out. The paper is from the Tim Holtz Lost and Found paper stack. The numbers are chipboard and I've rubbed DI over them and then covered them in Tim Holtz Crackle Glaze. One lesson learnt is that the finish on the numbers wasn't rough enough to stick sufficiently to the Crackle Glaze as part of it fell off when my BiL opened the card ! Note to self : sand the numbers next time !

I'm entering this card into the Let's Ink It Up challenge which is embossing.

Hope you're al having a lovely week end, and if you're in the UK, aren't the lighter nights wonderful ! Spring is definitely around the corner !

12 comments:

  1. Hey at least he got to see the numbers how they should look and they didn't fall off in the envelope!

    Great card, love seeing you using all your TH stuff

    Love
    vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! What a BRILLIANT card for a man! FABULOUS work!

    Judi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue your card is a real pleasure to look at, thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card Sue, so many fab elements!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow wow wow!! its absolutely fantastic!
    hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a terrific masculine birthday card! I really like all the details you have put into the design and the different forms of embossing. Very nice work!
    Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up embossing challenge.
    Sharon
    aka Celticrafter

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really wonderful, Sue. Love the colors and the time theme - so perfect for a birthday! Fabulous colors too!

    Hope you are doing well. Thanks for your sweet compliment on my blog earlier today. I wish I had more time for blogging and visiting everyone!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab! Fab! Fab! you really are the master of man cards Sue.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Sue as always!

    The theme is great and perfect for chaps but I have to say I love your splodging best though and I cant wait to have a play too! Not that I'll be likely to be able to share the results though!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a fantastic card Sue. I love the vintage colours, the stamping and the embossing adds real dimension to the overall effect.
    Thanks for sharing this with us at Let's Ink It Up.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super duper card!!!!!!!! Thanks for joining Let's Ink It Up's embossing challenge!

    Tammy xox

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!