Sunday, 13 March 2011

Birthday Girl !

I have discovered that the more you embellish the less likely your card will fit into an enevelope ! So a few weeks ago I invested in a Scor-Pal...why did I wait so long, I ask myself !


This is a card I made for one of my sister's, whose birthday was on Friday. I started by blending Faded Denim DI over some white card stock, then I stamped the gorgeous ladies, by Katzelkraft, with Adirondack Stonewashed ink. The swirls are from a Viva set of stamps, and I've stamped with Adirondack Stonewashed ink and then with Stazon Midnight Blue ink. The 'Suchard' stamp is from a Tim Holtz set, stamped with Stazon Midnight Blue and cut out using Nestabilities Labels 17. I've blended Chipped Sapphire DI around the edge.


The flower was made using the Grunge Flower dies by Paper Artsy, I've also stamped the layers with Paper Artsy stamps. The bottom layer is card, then there are several layers of tissue paper and the last is card. The pin started life as a different colour which didn't match, so I took it apart and put it together again with some blue pearls from my stash as is the small heart charm.

So, it now appears that I'm going to have to make a box for my cards ! This is where my Scor-Pal comes in extremely handy !


I used Faded Denim and Chipped Sapphire DI and stamped the images, which are all by Katzelkraft, in Stazon Midnight Blue.



Added the ribbon with a little linen thread and voila !

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful & lovely card! Love the colors and embellies you have used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, what a pretty card and matching box. I love the image and papers you've used. Gorgeous embellishments. Thanks for joining us at stamp with fun this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole flower plus the pin is absolutely stunning Sue - what a fabulous card. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sympathize with you, I've made a bunch of odd sized cards lately, only to figure I had no envies to go with! Your card is just gorgeous, with so much details. Thanks for playing along with Fab n Funky this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh Sue this is lush! I love your stunning box too, the linen thread really finishes it off beautifully.

    Fab images but not sure I could manage to stamp 'Suchard' many times without dribbling! lol!

    Beautifully elegant Sue!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful I love the pin and the rest of the card and box are fantastic - the blue tones are yummy.

    jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so gorgeous Sue, beautiful details.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a beautiful creation Sue! Gorgeous embellishments. Thanks for joining us at The Daring Cardmakers.

    Zuzana x x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!