Thursday, 24 March 2011

The letter 'S'

This is my second DT piece for Katzelkraft and I decided to do something completely different !
I spotted these wonderful letters in a garden centre at the week end and the idea came to me in a flash !

I've used the gorgeous Katzelkraft 'Paris/Adore' set of stamps for this project. I started by sanding the letter slightly and then adding a coat of Gesso. When that was dry, I sponged on some Antique Linen, Sccattered Straw and Old Paper DI. I then stamped the images onto tissue paper using black Archival ink and stuck them to the letter using Claudine Helmuth's Matt Medium. When it was dry I used Walnut Stain DI around the edge and then some black acrylic paint to distress it.


The embellishments are all Tim Holtz and I've used Tissue Tape around the back edge to neaten things up.



I think the detail on these stamps is stunning and I especially like this one of Paris.


This is my second attempt at a metal rose, I think it's turned out better than my first as it isn't as squashed ! I still think it needs more work though ! I've stamped the metal with one of the flourishes from the set and then used black acrylic paint to distress it.

This stamp set is available exclusively at The Craft Barn in the UK and from Katzelkraft in France.

I'm entering this project into the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge this week which is to show a word. My word is 'J'adore'.


10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Sue, just love the colours and stamping. Love it.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue
    it's stunning, I read all the embellies were Tim Holtz and then carried on reading about the rose - it's flippin' gorgeous woman, I adore it.
    Love
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful graceful vintage S the stamps make my mouth water :) no idea what you are on about re the rose it looks marvelous from here XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - this has got to be S for STUNNING! The detail is amazing Sue and that metal flower is fabulous.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, and wow again! I'm in LOVE - this is absolutely fantastic. I love those wonderful vintage style stamps! Soooo cool! You did a fab job on that rose too! I didn't know you were on the Katzelkraft DT. I'll have to check it out!

    Hope you are having a great week!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sue...This is STUNNING,LOVELY,ROMANTIC.... You have outdone your self!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful! I am in love with that stunning flower!

    Hugs xx
    Cecelia B

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, I LOVE IT, thank you for joining the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, with your Fabulous creation, the S from Simon Says Stamp and Show..absolutely love it. Good luck, hugs terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue! This "Jdore" entry into Simon Says Stam and Show Challenge is beautiful! I truly "Jdore" it! Thanks for sharing how you put it together! I love reading technique! Your metal rose is wonderful! LOVE it! I love the colors you used and the stamps are absolutely amazing! Well done! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!
    <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!