Sunday, 27 March 2011

A mix of stamps !

So, did everyone in the UK remember to put your clocks forward an hour ? I did but I always spend the rest of the day thinking what the time is really......lol......


The card I'm sharing with you today is one I made a few weeks back and I never got round to putting it on my blog. I've used a mixture of stamps including Katzelkraft, Tim Holtz and Stampin' Up. I started by making the background using Milled Lavender and Dusty Concord DI. I stamped the main stamp twice so that it gave a fainter second image. The main image is a Katzelkraft stamp and she's been cut out with a circle Nestability and mounted onto a Labels 3 die cut. The ribbon is TIm Holtz and I've added a thin piece of black, which actually is from a tag from a piece of clothing I bought. The horizontal panel is embossed using the Victoria EF and then I've used Milled Lavender DI.


The flower is made using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die and the button and charm are from my stash. The text is another Tim Holtz stamp from one of his new sets. ( I love this stamp ! )

As seems to be the norm now, my card was too big for a normal envelope ! So I made a box, using Milled Lavender and Dusty Concord DI, the corner stamps are by Katzelkraft. The flower is made using the Tattered Flowers die and some Paper Mania paper.

The tickets are made using the Tim Holtz Sizzlet die and the words are from another of his new stamp sets.

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:


Well we've got a very grey cloudy day again today, which is a little disappointing as we were hoping to go out and take a pic-nic. Never mind, we'll have to have a carpet pic-nic instead !

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous, Sue. The colors are so lovely. I always love how you make your own background paper, but never think to try to do that myself. It looks wonderful here! Fab box too! Hope you are having a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, simply gorgeous card. Love the colour. So far I've resisted TH's new stamps...but for how long??? Hugs,Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fabulous Sue.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!