Sunday, 6 March 2011

My first Configuration Box !

I thought I'd show you what I made at the Tim Holtz workshop that I attended just over a week ago (can't believe it's come and gone !). You will no doubt have seen the new configuration boxes that Tim (first name terms now you know !) has brought out. I have to admit I was a little sceptical but when I started to make it I absolutely loved it !



The individual boxes are all lined with paper from the Lost and Found set, they were then arranged in any way you wanted except for making sure there was one large area, this was due to the size of some of the embellisments. The box and the lid were also covered with Lost and Found paper. The magical bit that brought it all together was the Tissue Tape. If you haven't used this yet, you must ! It's self adhesive, the only thing is it doesn't stick to itself so you would need to add a little glue. We used Caludine Helmuth's Multi Medium in Matte. Fantastic stuff, it sticks any thing and dries clear ! All of the edges were bound with the tape, and as it comes in various designs it adds another dimension to your project.




We distressed the box with DI inks and pain dabbers, and then set about adding the embellishmens (which were all provided!) This was where you could go to town, as you could do any thing you wanted. My problem was I kept changing my mind !



The bottom right hand corner of the above photo is an image of a 1920's gentlemen and he's stuck to the front of a battery operated tea light ! It looks great as it flickers just like a candle ! The one thing I didn't get round to was giving the whole project a spritz with a Perfect Pearls mist, I may still do that, and the other thing is I haven't yet attached the gorgeous feet !

Tim also had on show a box he'd made themed Christmas, it was absolutely fabulous and has given me food for thought for later in the year. If you've been thinking about having a go at one these, then go for it you will absolutely love it !



13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous bax Sue a work of joy by the sounds of it. Thank you for explaining about the tissue tape did not realise it is self adhesive but not likly to stick back to itself self making a sticky mess umm will have to think about that. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this is lovely - I'm so cross with myself for not going to this workshop!!!!

    Hugs
    Penni
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab project Sue. I envy you meeting the one and only Mr TH, one day I hope I will meet him!
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...I don't know what to say!! This is just sooooo amazing,beautiful,lovely...I could go on and on....

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW Sue I've missed a few posts as I've been away but it all looks stunning and what a fabulous day you must have had. Your box is amazing!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. cor this is fab Sue -how big is it? Will it live in the room of craft or the lounge then?

    Lots of work gone into this me thinks

    Love
    vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this is gorgeous! Lucky you going to this workshop, I'm SOOOOOOO jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this looks like so much fun! So many cool elements and I love tissue tape. Totally AWESOME project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. On first names huuuu lucky ole you wish it was me at the workshop, what you made is adorable.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh Sue, did't know that you where also there...What a pitty that we did't met...
    It was great to have a workshop from Tim...but I learn more from Leandra and Lin..
    Have a great day...
    Jolande

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Sue this is a fantastic project.
    I am totally green with envy but you have done the most amazing job with this box.
    Hugs
    Clare
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Sue.
    I love looking at things like this but I wouldn't have the patience to do one I'm afraid. Must get me some of that tissue tape though it's gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Sheila-x-

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely LOVE this! I neeeeed one!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!