Thursday, 31 March 2011

One for Mum !

For my Katzelkraft DT piece this week I've altered a box which I'm going to give to my Mum for Mother's Day.


I started by covering the box with Gesso and then I used acrylic paint followed by some Tea Dye DI and a white dabber. The stamp sets I've used are 'French Quotes' and 'Physalis et Petits Oiseaux'. I've stamped the images onto white tissue paper and then stuck them on to the box using Matt Medium.



I made the flower using the Paper Artsy Scalloped flower die and Tim Holtz Lost & found paper. I then sprayed it with Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold mist. The leaves are cut from Grunge Paper and I've used Olive DI on them.


The feet are by Tim Holtz and I used Ginger alocohol ink to colour them.


The stamps I've used are all available exclusively in the UK from The Craft Barn and from Katzelkraft in France.

7 comments:

  1. Wow Sue, this is gorgeous. I just love the colours and your handmade flower is stunning!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning box Sue, just love the colours and stamps. The flower and feet give it that added pazazz.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty! I will definitely remember your way of "stamping" on solid surfaces by stamping on tissue and sticking it on with matte medium - what a clever way!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness gracious! this is absolutely to die-for gorgeous! boy! i'm sure glad i stopped by!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Sue how beautiful is this box - love all the inking and stamping but that flower is just so perfect and it looks metallic too. Stunning work!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this is so visually stunning, it looks like an old fashioned Chocolate box, this is so amazing,

    I would also like to thank you for your lovely comment,
    Have a lovely Week,
    Hugs Bridget :0)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful Sue! Love everything about it from the colours to the stamping and the wonderful rose on top. You've really inspired me to finish the box I started a while ago which I bought the same feet for, I needed the oomph to get started again and I feel spurred on now. Chris :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!