Wednesday, 2 March 2011

P is for ........

It's time for another challenge over at the ABC challenge and this time we would like to see 'P' is for ....pink ! The sponsor for this week's challenge is Kraftin' Kimmie who have kindly donated 2 stamps of the winner's choice. Just remember not to combine your entry with more than 4 other challenges to be in with a chance to win.


If you have visited before you'll know that pink is not my favourite colour so to compensate I've grunged it up a little. For my card I've used my new set of Tim Holtz stamps that I picked up last week at his workshop. I saw these on his blog and knew they were a 'must' have ! I've blended Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet DI over white card stock then stamped the images with Coffee Archival ink.

The flowers are made using the mesh ribbon that is also by Tim Holtz and I've cut it in half then rubbed Walnut Stain DI across the edge then rolled it up. I've stuck it to a punched flower with silicone and rubbed Walnut DI around the edge. The coathanger paper clip is one of the things that was left over from the project we made at Tim's workshop.

I did warn you there would be more Tim Holtz ! There will definitely more to come too, I absolutely love his new range of stamps and can't wait to get my hands on some of his new dies too !

14 comments:

  1. aww... this is such a Pretty,Pink card!! Love the flowers and the colors are amazing! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this - the pink looks great with the brown.

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous and love the colour combo :o)
    hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh just fabulous Sue, love the colours, love the images in fact I love everything about it.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I do like that stampset, pink and brown are a great combination and the brown stops it being over fluffy, if you know what I mean. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love this card! I have a few of Tim Holtz Dies and absolutely love them! I love the old feel of this card. Beautiful!

    Hugs xx
    Cecelia B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - this is beautiful! Love all the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! Love the pink and brown and all the yummy TH stamps, especially the dressmaker form. You should do a blog post to tell us what you learned at his class - I'm dying to know!

    Hope you are having a great week!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is fabulous Sue.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pink with the brown too, they go together so well. the stamps are fab and I love the flowers

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pink may not be your favorite color but you certainly did a fabulous job with this card. I really love your style and would love to see you consider participating in our challenges using Kraft cardstock over at http://www.thekraftjournal.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh Sue this is a fabulous card xx I love pink and brown together
    love debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really fabby card!
    Hugs /Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  14. O wow so elegant and pretty, love the vintage look. Thank you for your comment on my card. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!