Wednesday, 30 March 2011

R is for ..........

The next ABC Challenge starts today and this week we would like to see 'R' is for Roses. The challenge is being sponsored by Bunny Zoe's Crafts.


Well, being as Mother's Day is fast approaching I thought I ought to make a start. My Mum loves roses, especially the David Austen varieties, so this challenge is really well timed ! I also thought it would be good opportunity to have a go at the twisted easel style card. I have to say I quite like it ! The stamps I've used are by Elusive Images, I've had this set for quite some time, I love the main image it's so full of detail. I've blended Spiced Marmalade and Dried Marigold DI over some white card and then stamped the rose image with black Archival ink. I've then gone round the edge with a little Walnut Stain DI. The Nestability I've used is Labels 17. The background for the Rose is made using Antique Linen, Scattered Straw and Old Paper DI and I've then stamped using Stampin' Up's background stamp called En Francais with Old Paper DI. The piece on the base is made using Tea Dye and Walnut Stain DI and I've stamped using Stampin' Up's Bella Toile background stamp with Tea Dye DI.



I couldn't resist making another rose and I've used Paper Artsy's Grunge Flower die and I've cut it from the pages of an old book which I've blended Spiced Marmalade DI over and added a blob of Glossy Accents. The sentiment is from the same Elusive Images stamp set, cut out using Labels 16 Nestabilities and given the DI treatment. The letters are cut using the Tim Holtz Sizzlet Vintage Market alphabet die and I've blended DI over the letters and covered with Glossy Accents. If you've been to the ABC blog the eagle eyed among you will have noticed that these letters are missing on my card. The reason is that they weren't dry and I needed to load my card onto the DT page.

I hope you will be able to join us this week.

I'm also entering this card in to the Let's Ink it Up challenge which is die cuts/punches.

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card that main rose image is fabulous lucky Mum XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...This is simply stunning!! Love the roses that you have made from newspaper.... And the colros are sp lovely! have a fab and sunny day! hugs/sari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the different easle card and the image is georgous! And that flower is stunning! Love it! Hope you are having a greta week;0)

    Hugs xx
    Cecelia B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mum is going to freak out when she sees this creation it is just stunning. What a clever girl you are.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card Sue and the roses are just stunning. Love the colouring with DIs too (I'm addicted to these lol!)
    Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at LIIU and good luck!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really lovely card Sue. The roses are just gorgeous and I love the colouring with DIs (I'm addicted to these lol!)
    Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at LIIU and good luck!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous. Your mum is going to be spellbound. Wonderful colours you have used (some of my fave DI too). Thank you so much for playing along with us at LIIU. Suzanne B

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I will have to try out that fold - looks so different and really effective - fab card!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so beautiful, Sue!!!!!!!!
    Hugs Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Sue, a real beauty as always! Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. what an awesome creation!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!