Friday, 25 March 2011

The Stamp Man challenge

It's time for another challenge over at The Stamp Man and this time we would like to see 'Anything Tim' ! So it's time to dig out your embellishments, distress inks and stamps amd show us what you can do with your Tim Holtz products !


I was going down the card route again, but for some reason nothing was coming to mind. Then I remembered I had this box which I'd bought some time ago and that was the trigger I needed and then thought of doing a mini configuration box.
I sponged Stormy Sky DI all over the box. The metal border is made using a Tim Holtz embossing folder and then using black acrylic paint. The rosette is made using the Tim Holtz sizzlet rosette die and the paper is from the Lost & Found paper stack and the embellishment is a small metal bird which was left over from when I made my main configuration box.


I've lined the box with the same paper and then added the embellishments. The grunge paper letter is mounted on a grunge board block and then I've covered it with black acrylic paint, when it was dry I sanded it and then rubbed Walnut Stain DI over the top. It's a bit difficult to see in the photo, but it's there honest ! I stuck lots of scrap pieces of grunge paper together and mounted the clock onto it. The text is from one of the new sets of Tim Holtz stamps and I've blended Spiced Marigold and Chipped Sapphire DI over the card.

I hope you have fun with this challenge, I did !

6 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea Sue, a great little box and fabulous pieces inside. So very Tim like.
    Happy Friday and have a great weekend.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, what a stunning project Sue!

    Im sure Sir Tim would be very impressed too, youve really worked his influence so well.

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very 'Tim' I love it Sue.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah check you out - proper in your element aren't you? This is a great box and I think I actually prefer it to your original one, maybe because it's smaller and I can take in all the detail on this one, not sure why! I do like the stormy sky colour you've used.
    Love
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous box! Love all the detail and the sentiment is great! This looks like a Tim Holtz project;0) Have a great weekend;0)

    Hugs xx
    Cecelia B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great alteration Sue! It's a real box of Tim treasures to treasure:) I love what you have made.

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!