Sunday, 24 April 2011

Better late than never !

This card is my DT card for The Stamp Man challenge, which I should have posted on Friday ! It's been one of those weeks, when all best laid plans went out of the window! Anyway, back to the challenge, this time we would like to see you use a resist technique. There is the usual prize of a £10 voucher to spend at The Stamp Man, and make sure to hop over to the check out the rest of the DT's fabulous resist projects.

I started by making the background which is using the Tim Holtz Dabber Resist technique, which you can find on page 37 of A Compendium of Curiosities. It's the first time I've used this technique and it definitely won't be the last ! I used Rusty Hinge and Crushed Olive DI and the stamp is from the Aspect of Design Butterfly Beauties set. The main stamp is from the Tim Holtz Stuff to Say set and I've also used an Aspects of Design Framie stamp before cutting it out using Labels 5 Nestabilities. The side panel is a piece of Grunge Paper that has been covered with a page from an old book and then I've embossed it using the Tim Holtz Rays EF. The swirl is cut using the Tim Holtz Elegant Flourishes die and covered with Crushed Olive DI.


The material across the card is cotton seam binding that I've rubbed Scattered Straw and Rusty Hinge DI over and the pleated and sewed down the middle.


I don't often use any bling on my cards but these brads by Marah Johnson caught my eye. The flower is made with my favourite die, the Tattered Flowers die by Tim Holtz and I've cut the flower from Grunge Paper that has been covered with the page from an old book and then I've used Crushed Olive DI over it.

I'm entering my card into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge, which is to use a Tim Holtz technique.

I hope you're all enjoying your Easter break and the lovely weather.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Sue

    Love this card it is you at your very best with a nestie interesting layers and textures and a colour scheme that makes us think. always something special on show here and this is very special. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I love your card that you entered into Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week! It's beautifully done ...from the colors you selected to the beautiful tattered flower! Thank you for joining in on our challenge! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Sue, thank you for joining the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show with your wonderfull card, love your flower and the colors you have chosen, absolutely fabulous . Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just totally fabulous Sue.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card Sue. Love the colours and the details. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Sue, the colours are gorgeous. I really like the pleated seam binding x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!