Thursday, 7 April 2011

Knock, knock .....

The project I'm sharing with you today is my Katzelkraft DT project. I saw this door hanger at the local garden centre and decided to give it a whirl !

I coated it in Gesso and then, when it was dry, I sponged Scattered Straw and Old Paper DI over it. I stamped all over it with stamps from the Katzelkraft Paris /Adore set (though you can't see most of it as I've covered it up!). The main image was stamped with Archival Coffee ink. I used some brown and black acrylic paint around the edge of the door hanger.



The swirls are cut from Grunge Paper using a Tim Holtz die, then I covered them with Walnut Stain DI and Tim Holtz Distressed Stickles. The lace is a scrap piece from my stash. The ribbon around the hole is also Tim Holtz, and I swiped it with Walnut Stain DI, though the photo hasn't shown this too well.


The flower is also made from Grunge Paper and I used a Paper Artsy Scalloped flower die. I stamped all of the pieces with the text stamp and used Old Paper, Tea Dye and Walnut Stain DI. finally I sprayed it with Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls mist, and also sprayed the rest of the hanger too. The lock at the top is also by Tim Holtz.

The stamps can be bought exclusively from The Craft Barn in the UK and from Katzelkraft in France.

I'm entering this project in to the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge, which is anything but a card.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful door hanger XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, what a stunning project! I love all the texture and the big flower.
    I hope you are keeping well, you have cetainly been busy since I went away and they are all beautiful.
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful door hange, Sue! Your stamped image is lovely. The PaperArtsy flower is superb! All the elements you used to complete the hanger were perfect! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work Sue - everything works perfectly together and I love that flower!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really wonderful, I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful, never thought of making a door hanger before. Tell me, where do I purchase `Gesso` I have been after it for a while

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!