Thursday, 28 April 2011

Papillons box !

The project I'm sharing with you today is my Katzelkraft DT project. I spotted this wooden box at a local garden centre and thought it would be a great project to alter.

I covered the box with Gesso and then used acrylic paint. All of the images are stamped onto white tissue paper using Olive and Black Archival ink. The stamp sets I've used are the Physalis et petits oiseaux and the Nature/Voyage Quotes sets.



As the images are stamped onto tissue paper the images can be used in reverse as the ink comes through the quite clearly. I've used Multi-Medium Matte to stick the images to the box. The butterfly has been stamped onto vellum and then I've used a Viva pen to add the pearls down the centre. The lock is from the Tim Holtz Locket Keys Ideology set as is the key.



I started out to make a metal rose for the lid, then thought that the lid wouldn't open so opted for a flatter flower. I've used the PaperArtsy scalloped flower die for the large flower and then the Tim Holtz Tattered flowers die for the 2 smaller flowers. I just cut a small circle for the centre. The swirls are cut using the Tim Holtz Elegant Flourish die, and all of the metal has been distressed using black acrylic paint.

The stamp sets are available exclusively from The Craft Barn in the UK and from Katzelkraft in France.


6 comments:

  1. Fabulous, what a little treasure XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Sue, I love the whole design.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sue this is gorgeous and that metal flower is divine.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous project Sue

    I love the Katzelkraft Stamps, but would never have thought of using them this way! A wonderful project
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. The whole box is amazing, but I think the metal flower is magnificent. I checked on that Paper Artsy die, but you didn't say how you embossed the pattern into the metal itself. I really want to brush up on my metal work skills. I'm very attracted to the medium.

    Anyway, amazing work! Hope you are doing well - enjoy watching THE WEDDING tomorrow!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. It has become a true work of art!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!