Sunday, 3 April 2011

Spring in Provence !

How lovely that would be ! Oh well never mind, April showers can be quite enjoyable too ?!?!?....
The card I'm sharing today is one of the set I made for Mother's Day. I had a couple of last minute requests from those who shall remain nameless ( but they are related to me!).


My Mum loves it in Provence and so I decided to dig out my Serendipity stamps which I was given a few years back as a birthday present. I covered some white card with Antique Linen and Scattered Straw DI then stamped the image with black Memento ink. I then added some shading with Pro Markers, but didn't go too mad as I wanted to keep the image looking shabby. I cut it out with Nestabilities Wonky Rectangles. The flowers are all cut from an old book using Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die and I've touched around the edges with Barn Door DI.



The french sentiment is from a Katzelkraft set of stamps called French Quotes. The papers are all Basic Grey and the letters are cut using the Tim Holtz Vintage Market Sizzlet die. I stamped over the top of the letters using a Crafty Individuals stamp and then blended Tea Dye DI over them.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges :

News just in !! The Stamp Man is having a blog candy give away ! It's already started and ends at 9PM on 26 April. You can check it out here.





14 comments:

  1. Sue what a gorgeous French chic card Your Mum must be thrilled with it. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. A work of art - this should be framed! Your card is just perfect for our For your Mum challenge at My Time To Craft! Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaunis kaunis--aivan lumoava kortti!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS card Sue - bet your Mum loves it!

    Judi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bet your Mum was thrilled to receive such a beautiful card Sue.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning, wonderful detail and design. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous piece of artwork sue.

    Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation and joining in my Bloomin’ Blossoms theme at Allsorts this week

    B x

    There's a Stampalot voucher up for grabs here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is wonderful Sue.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whouahhhhhhh!What a stunning card!The flowers are wonderfull!Thank you so much for your visit on my blog
    http://atelierdevero.eklablog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely charming - I love the image and the colors you've used! Wonderful flowers too. I just ripped up my first vintage book and am itching to make some flowers out of the pages - especially now that you have inspired me with yours!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this week, hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is superb work! Thanks for sharing at SFTW hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful Sue, it really does feel like Provence (does that make sense :D)! Love your subtle colouring which is so perfect with the image and your gorgeous flowers and colours. Hope you're having a good week, Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh Sue.......I want to live there.
    Absolutely gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Sheila-x-

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!