Friday, 8 April 2011

The Stamp Man Challenge

It's time for another challenge over at The Stamp Man, and this time we would like to see embossing. Now that can be dry embossing, heat embossing, triple embossing etc... whatever takes your fancy ! The prize is the usual £10 voucher to spend on goodies at The Stamp Man, so it's got to be worth having a go....don't you think ?



I took the opportunity to make another twisted easel card and to complete my Mother's Day orders too ! The main image is from the Floral 01 set of stamps by Aspect of Design. I stamped it again onto a piece of mountboard and then used Scattered Straw DI before triple embossing it. I cut the large image out using Nestabilities Large Labels and used Aged Mahogany and Walnut Stain DI around the edge.




The rose was made from the pages of an old book and I used Aged Mahogany around the edge. I've used a Tim Holtz ornate plate around the word Mum.

The papers are from the Prima paper stack called Botanical.

Quite simple but I liked it in the end, I don't often use paper these days but these Prima papers are rather yummy !

I hope you get chance to join us, the closing date is 21 April.

4 comments:

  1. Wow what a stunner.

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Sue, I love the way you have stamped your flower. You say it's quite simple but it looks very complicated to me. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sue this is delightful and love the colour scheme.
    Hugs Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apologies for being late commenting on your card Sue, it is absolutely stunning, I love how you used the rose stamp, and the flower is really lovely.

    Those papers are great aren't they!

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!