Thursday, 14 April 2011

A Wedding Card

Weddings and me are like pink and me, they just don't mix very well ! So for my Katzelkraft DT project I decided to do a not very traditional wedding card for a friend at work.



The main image is from the Paris/Adore set of stamps and has been cut out with Nestabilities Labels 18 and I've put one of the die cuts from the Fancy Tags 2 behind it. The text is also from the Paris/Adore set of stamps and I've used Tea Dye DI to distress it.

The embossed panel is made using the Victoria EF and I've used a Martha Stewart edge punch. The background is made using a swirls stamp from the Physalis et Petits Oiseaux stamp set. I've stamped it with Scattered Straw DI and then blended more around the edge with a little Tea Dye too. The flower is made using the Tattered Flowers Tim Holtz die, and I cut up the lining of a basket for the material ! The gorgeous brad is one of my precious Marah Johnson brads. I did the date and initials on my PC and used a Tim Holtz die to cut them out.

I'm also entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge which is distressing.

All of the stamps I've used are available exclusively in the UK at The Craft Barn or in France from Katzelkraft.


9 comments:

  1. WoW!!! You pulled this off really well!! LOVE this wedding card!!! have a fab day! Hugs & Sunshine/Sari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, what else XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunning understated wedding card Sue, I love it more than some 'traditional' wedding cards.

    Gorgeous!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sue, another triumph! Love the sepia tones and the big flower. That's my wedding anniversary date too!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue. Beautiful wedding card! Love the colors and all the elements you used. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful Sue and I love the understated and non-traditional look, absolutely stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very different but very very beautiful Sue - it will definitely stand out from the rest.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is beautiful Sue.
    luv
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, Sue!! I need to make a wedding card for friends - thank you for the inspiration!
    And, thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!