Friday, 13 May 2011

Box Frame

EDIT: Blogger issues meant that this post was deleted temporarily, and as it was a scheduled post for Thursday morning, it was not restored straight away and also deleted part of the post. So if you think you saw this post and then it wasn't there, this is the reason why.

My Katzelkraft DT project that I'm sharing with you today is box frame that I bought ages ago. Firstly, I must also apologise for the poor photograph, I finished it just as the light was fading and after going round every room in the house this was the best the I could do !


I covered the box with Gesso and then I sponged Stormy Sky DI over the top. The stamp sets I've used are Nature - Hummingbirds and Nature - Fleurs Grunge . The flowers are stamped on to Grunge Paper and the letter is also Grunge Paper.

I've used a 10 Second Studio embossing plate and distressed the metal with black acrylic paint for the 2 panels inside the box (hard to see I know !) The star in the middle of the flower is from a gift bag and I've covered it with alcohol ink.

I'm also entering this project in the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which is anything goes.


6 comments:

  1. A fabulous piece, I just love the blue and brown and all the elements you have used. Great one Sue.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi :) I followed your link from the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge site, but can find no mention of the challenge here. Did I come to the wrong post? I'd love to see what you made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful piece! And I love the birds! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue,

    It looks like your post is back on Simon Says S&S 'cause I just came from there. Saw the thumbnail and had to come for a closer look. This is wonderful - love the box itself and the wing/star element in the upper right is sensational. Love the rolled script and the pen nib, just don't know French so don't know what it says. Sorry I haven't been by - haven't hit my reader in almost a week - the new Etsy shop is taking ALL my time.

    So happy to see your entry this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous art simply gorgeous XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Sue, you are such a clever lady. I have some box frames but im sure i couldn't create anything as beautiful as this lol!. The birds are so pretty too. Hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!