Monday, 30 May 2011

Happy Birthday Boss !

Not only is it my Mum's birthday tomorrow, but it's also my bosses too ! I know for sure he won't be looking here !


I kept this card quite simple, and flat, as it had to be posted and didn't want anything sticking through the envelope to give the posty a fright !! I made the background using the Tim Holtz Blocking technique then I stamped over the top using a Rubbadubbado stamp and Mahogany DI. The script panel is stamped using the En Francais background stamp by Stampin' Up. I then stamped Mahogany DI onto my craft sheet and spritzed it with water, dipped a small jar into the liquid ink and then pressed it onto the text. The result was to get the impression of a wine ring on the card. The main image is an Inkadinkado stamp, I've used my Cropodile down one side and ripped the holes to look like it's torn from a note pad, then used Tea Dye and Walnut Stain DI around the edge.


The Happy Birthday was made by covering a small piece of card with EP and on the third layer I stamped into it with the Happy Birthday stamp. The swirl is made using the Elegant Flourishes Tim Holtz die and the letter is a Tim Holtz Type Charm.

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:


Well it's been a real miserable day here today it's not stopped raining all day. At least it's the perfect excuse to spend some time in my craft room ! I hope you've all managed to get some quality crafting time in to !



3 comments:

  1. Wet and miserable Bank Holiday every where I guess just makes staying in getting inky easier. Am guessing your Boss will be very impressed with this card its great XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous card, thank you for joining us over at Cards for Men.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fabulous Sue.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!