Sunday, 29 May 2011

Last one for Mum !

This is my last card for my Mum's birthday, which is on Tuesday. It's always a challenge to make totally different cards, but I've managed it again for another year !


I started by making the background, which is covered with DI and then I've used a stamp from the Tim Holtz Haberdashery stamp set. I then covered it with Gesso and used a baby wipe to wipe away parts of the Gesso to reveal some of the stamping. When it was dry I then stamped over the top using stamps from the Paper Artsy set called Buttons 3. I used the Tim Holtz Sizzix Tag die and covered it with DI and then stamped on it using stamps from the Tim Holtz Haberdashery set and the Katzelkraft Fleurs set. I also used the Tim Holtz Mini Mask - Florets for the flowers and the leafy swirl. The sentiment on the side is from the Just a Note stamp set by Stempelglede, I used a circle punch and blended some more DI over it.



The tags are all cut by hand and I've used a small alphabet set for the text, which apologies, I don't know who it's by. The linen tape measure is by Tim Holtz from the Ideology range. The letter charm is a Tim Holtz Type Charm and the scissors are from a set of charms I picked up from a garden centre when we were out and about earlier today !

I'm entering this card into The Craft Barn's challenge which is to use one of the Gesso techqniques that they have showcased.


4 comments:

  1. Delightful your Mum must look forward to her Birthday and all the lovely cards you have made for her. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. So elegant and beautiful!!
    Hugs from Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Sue, love all the mix of stamps and vibrant colours. I'm sure your Mum is going to have an amazing display of cards on Tuesday.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning !!
    Thank you for entering our challenge
    Isa @ the craft barn

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!