Thursday, 5 May 2011

Merci !

For my Katzelkraft DT project this week I've made a thank you or a 'Merci' card for a lady at work who has been very supportive over the last few months while I've been studying. I'm pretty sure she doesn't look at my blog so I'm safe !

The stamp set I've used for this card is Nature. I started by stamping the background with Spiced Marmalade DI and then using the same ink to blend over the card. Then I used the Tim Holtz Acrylic Dabber resist technique using one of the swirl stamps for the horizontal panel. The side panel has been stamped using Coffee Archival ink and then embossed using the Victoria EF and then given the DI treatment. The word 'Merci' has been cut out using Fancy Tags 2 and I've blended DI around the edge, and I've mounted it onto a piece of card that I've used Barn Door DI on and also stamped with one of the flower stamps and cut out using Labels 18 Nestabilities.


The swirl is a Sizzix Bigz die and the flower has been made using one of the Tim Holtz Tattered flowers die and the 2 smaller flowers are stamped and cut out by hand from Grunge Paper.

The stamps I've used are available exclusively from The Craft Barn in the UK and from Katzelkraft in France.

I'm also entering the following challenges:



6 comments:

  1. Perfectly fabulous! XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really wonderful ! I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely love the rich colours on this Sue and the white outline of the die really pops against the background. fabulous card.
    Love
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours you have used for this card, it's so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at BTC&G this month and good luck with the GDT call.
    Lora x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the beautiful details. Thanks for joining us over at By the Cute and Girly this month. Hugs, Hanna

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!