Wednesday, 11 May 2011

U is for .......

It's time for another challenge over at The ABC Challenge and this time we would like to see 'U' is for Underneath. You can interpret this anyway you like as long there is something underneath! The sponsor for this challenge is Wags and Whiskers, check out the ABC Challenge blog for the prize.


I started by making the background piece, I used Distress Inks and stamped them onto my craft sheet and then spritzed it with water and then 'swooshed' a piece of white card stock in the ink. I then stamped using various stamps and then I added some more DI to make the colours stronger. Then I wiped Gesso over the top and used a baby wipe to take off some of it. When this was dry I stamped again using the yummy swirl stamp by Crafty Individuals.


The centre panel was stamped around the edge with a Katzelkraft stamp and the main image is from a TJ Designs set called Vintage Collage.


The sentiment inside is from a set of stamps by Stempelglede called Just a Note.


The flower is cut from metal using a Paper Artsy die. The bottom layer has been distressed using black acrylic paint and the top layer has been coloured with alcohol inks, the embossed look is done freehand. The black swirl is made using the Tim Holtz Elegant Flourish die.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.

4 comments:

  1. I just love your style Sue!! It is so fabby and lovely!! Love the colors, the sweet details... Have a great day! Hugs & Sunshine!/Sari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous piece love the colours and textures. the background is perfect for the topper you have. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, Sue. I absolutely love how you go about making the BG papers for your cards and your use of distress inks is second to none. I really like the look with the gueso. I try to do that sometimes with the Snow Cap acrylic paint but it looks like gueso works better.

    Hope you are having a great week!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Sue - love the hidden message what a lovely quote that is!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!